STEPHEN KERR, BSc, PMP
Telephone: 780-761-6756 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Technology Leader
IT Compliance Project Management Application Development Risk Management Process Implementation
Accomplished leader with over 20 years of senior level experience. Demonstrates leadership skills that are complemented by expertise in all aspects of IT development and ongoing operations. Extensive experience with development and implementation of business strategies leveraging project management, technology and operations skills covering a wide variety of expertise that includes application development, risk management, system and application operations.
General Management/Managerial Leadership
· Proven leader with exceptional relationship management and respected interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with extensive practical training in this area
· Proven abilities around strategic planning, budget and cost management
Track record of creating and delivering a visionary strategy through manageable
Technology/ Banking Operations
· Extensive knowledge and practical understanding of design, development and architecture for client server, mid-range and main frame technologies.
· Strong understanding of application support, network and industry standard IT operational practices
· Fully familiar with CMMI, ISO 9001 and ITIL models for IT related continuous process improvement.
· Expert in design, implementation and ongoing management of IT Risk using a COBIT based model
· Highly developed project management skills, comfortable operating in both functional and matrix environments with over 15 years project management experience including 15 years senior leadership experience managing project portfolios.
· Fully conversant with project methodologies based on Project Management Institute (PMI) standards
Past Chair of the Bank of
· Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) in August 1998
Manager, Digital Products
Successfully developed and implemented an ongoing operational management strategy which included identification of key process areas, documentation and execution of industry best practices for web and application development.
Developed and implemented a process for creation and maintenance of 3 to 5 year development project strategy and annual work plan.
Managed a major RFP initiative for migration of digital technologies (e.g., web, mobile) to a cloud based platform.
ATB Financial, Information Technology Service Delivery (EDMONTON/AB) 2008 - 2013
Director, IT Risk, Compliance & Service Assurance 2011 2013
Director, IT Application Services 2008 - 2011
Achieved fiscal year budget targets within 1% each fiscal year since 2008, for all areas of functional accountability
Developed a risk and control matrix for covering all business functions within the enterprise IT division. (i.e., security, operations, vendor management, application development, quality assurance, relationship management)
All annual performance score card ratings - quality, productivity, cost control and innovation were met or exceeded in every fiscal year.
Successfully in-sourced development, maintenance and support practices over a 9 month period growing the team from 15 to 50 while assume accountability for previously outsourced development and support activities.
Projects and technology platforms managed covered a a wide variety of operating
systems (AIX, Mainframe and Intel) and software applications (more than 300).
Each year defined
BMO Financial Group (Toronto/ON) 1977 - 2007
Senior Manager, Platform Development (Director Level Equivalent Role) 2000 - 2007
· Successfully led teams accountable for software platforms for Internet, Personal Banking, Corporate Financial Services including overall accountabilities for all development, testing, project management
End to end oversight of all development projects related to the platform from requirements to implementation and ultimately on-going support. Project budgets ranged from $100,000 to $10 million. Overall was accountable for financial management of approximately $25 million annual technology budget spends.
Led a team of 12 project managers and assumed specific accountability for all large projects. Overall accountability was for provision of professional project management services to all lines of Business within the Electronic Banking (MasterCard) Division.
Effectively oversaw account relationship for between 5 and 15 internal business area partners with focus from online lending to corporate accounting.
Achieved fiscal year budget targets within 5% each year since1990, for all areas of functional accountability
· Accountable for successful implementation of more than 20 significant (>$3 million) development projects from 2000 to 2007
· By championing the implementation of a SDLC based on the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) and ISO 9001 Quality Standards I moved the groups results from an average of 35% on-time/on budget deliveries to 80% over 2 years. The team achieved CMMI maturity level 3 in June of 2007.
of Science, BSc
Management Certificate Faculty of Administrative Studies,
Management Development Program,
· Institute of Charted Bankers (ICB) Bank Financial Management Course - 2001
· Numerous Leadership and Technology seminars, conferences and workshops presented by a variety of organizations